Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Writing a Script

My very first assignment for this EDU 3217 course was writing a script for one act play within 15minutes of time frame. I felt this was a thrilling experience for me as this is the first time me writing a script for one act play. My partner and i had a great time cracking our mind and looking for writing a great dialogue. We created the story of "The Unreached Love" of a boy and how he went through it. The feeling of writing our own script was marvellous whereby we can create our own characters, settings and especially the story line. The best part was having our own resolution for the story. Our first draft have been submitted and i'm looking forward for the feedback and the improvements that can be made. Thank you in advance Dr. Edwin.

1 comment:

  1. hi misss Aruna,
    Yes I agree on your opinion on writing a play by yourself is very amusing and interesting. When first Dr.Edwin assigned us with this assignment, I could not wait to get my hands on pen to hit the paper. I thought of a story for three days before i told my partner about it. I was again excited when she agreed with my story. So both of us thought of creative ways to express our ideas on the script. In the proccess of writing the script, I realized that there are many aspects that one needs to know before producing a good script. Although it was up to us and the topic was open but still we hd some problems in creating the number of characters as requirements said that we should only have minimum of three characters but still we got over the problem and went on continuing writing our play. It was a fun experience because we ourself get to determine the stage directions, the story, and even the names of characters.We even get to twist the conflict of our story. I can say for sure that i really enjoyed writing scripts, and I'm pretty sure that you also had a great time working with a partner like me didn't you?? hehe

    ReplyDelete